Do you need help to arrange your travel? Contact us!!!
- The Whakarewarewa Village in Rotorua
- The thermal museum in Rotorua
- The Waimangu Volcanic Valley
Pay close attention to travel and visit times because the Waimangu Valley close not so late in the afternoon and you need enough time to:
- Walking across the valley (at least 90 minutes if you walk fast, 2-3 hours if you relax a bit)
- Take also the boat tour in the Rotomahana lake, also included in the cumulative ticket
- Come back to the entrance with a shuttle service
Short description of the path:
The , reveals itself just beyond the . First two lakes we find on the path are the and the . They seems formed by normal water, but show that water is full of sulphur and .
The is the main attraction of the valley, with its bright blue lake, but appearances are deceiving!!! The water temperature is above 70 Celsius degrees, keep yourself in a safe zone and never get too close to the edge!
This valley is astonishing, there are also and on the path. The and the also deserve to be seen. They are silicate layers that can give us an idea of what the ancient Pink and White Terraces (destroyed in 1886) should have been.
The path is now next to the , end of the walk. On the last stretch, we point out the following elements:
- A very strange on a wet area
- The omnipresent