Durchsuche die Seite

Craters Excursion

Mehr
6 Jahre 1 Woche her #390 von Maria Berdan
Craters Excursion wurde erstellt von Maria Berdan
Hello,
I am going to visit Catania next week and the plan is to take the bus from there to Sapienza Refuge for visiting Etna. The weather forecast shows snow and low temperatures for next week and I don't know if the cable car is working for reaching to 2500 m or if it possible to take take a walk around. Could you help me, please, to clear up?

Thank you!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
6 Jahre 1 Woche her #391 von Etnatracker
Hi Maria,
cable car is always working for tourist and skiers. Usually, it stop in case of strong wind.

All the rest depends on you. At 2500 m there is currently a lot of snow, so you can walk there at your own risk.

To be honest, I would not suggest such a tour. Mount Etna covered by snow is the same as any other mountain in winter.

When snow melts, you can see the contrast formed by cold lava and green grass. Old craters. If you are fit enough, you can walt to the top with alpine guides (more or less it cost 75 euros, but please refer to alpine guide for correct info).

Kind regards,

Bruno

“Tutto ciò che la natura ha di grande, tutto ciò che ha di piacevole, tutto ciò che ha di terribile si può paragonare all' Etna; e l'Etna non si può paragonare a nulla”.
Dominique Vivand Denon, “Voyage en Sicile”

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.267 Sekunden

Login